Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chopplate.

Hello, blog Ok so its a brand new morning and I feel rested. Got some work done yesterday and it was great. Now yesterday I at an American Thanksgiving menu for lunch. I did this at work. Let me explain. You see a colleague brought in leftovers from her thanksgiving dinner. She said that she didnt cook it but bought it from a high end restaurant. So before the feast (for breakfast) I had a banana and chai tea (flavored with vanilla and chocolate essence,splenda and half and half).So I will call that about 150 calories. Now to the feast. You see my palate is primarily Nigerian, although I am very adventourous. I have eaten thai, chinese, japanese, persian, columbian, malaysian and the list goes on. I actually like to try new stuff. But, I HAVE NEVER TRIED STUFFING. I guess I have been ethnocentric about it. How can someone mash some bread and vegetables and call it food. Serious.I have been derogatory when it comes to that. But mehn, by error I had a bite and then I was hooked. That stuff was AHAMAZING. OH MY GOODNESS. I actually finished all the stuffing. Then there was this amazing turkey. (Remember I said in previous post that we had beef instead). The turkey was so good. But the best of all was this devilish chocolate cake. That stuff was deadly. See I have a sweet tooth so I had little control. It was extremely moist, decadent, not too sweet and not bitter either, with some mouse that would just melt in your mouth and glide down your throat. I saw several visions of heaven while eating that stuff. If there is anything called a food orgasm, I had it. In nigerian lingo I would say THIS NA TEMPTATION. So I would say I ate like 1000 calories there or maybe 1200. Then I got home a bit hungery. Had the last of my mutton pepper soup and then went straight to bed. Now something bad happened. I still dont have my phone up and working so I have NO reminders to take my darling lamictal. And so I did not take it and I did not wake up to eat. I actually slept through the night and had difficutly waking up from sleep cause I wanted to sleep some more. I would say I had between 1300 and 1800 calories yesterday. Now I have several appointments next week. 1. With the doctor. I will like to ask him for a definitive diagnosis. I am not a binge eater. I am a nocturnal binge eater. Nocturnal binging and day time binging are not the same thing. So we need a definition. I will also ask him about how to continue to get well. I dont want to relapse. I also need to know the clinical course and the road to recovery. 2. For the dietitican I need help with my sweet tooth. How do I deal with cravings? Alternatives to the regular sugar and general times on healing. 3. Spine doctor. I want to get back to the gym full time. How do I do it. So thats it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment