Thursday, December 4, 2014

Another Mile Stone.

Hello Blog, Today is another mile stone. It is exactly 3 weeks since I started taking Lamictal 5Omg nightly. And its crazy cause it seems like I have lost 7 pounds. I just cant believe it. Its so wonderful to finally be able to lose weight and get healthy. See, I started taking Lamictal on the 13th of november, precisely one day after I had the proceedure for my back. So as expected I am joyful. Remember the sweet lemons, I hunted them down. I went to Eliat food market (seems to be a persian/jewish) market and hunted that sucker down. And boy, they were ridiculously cheap. As a matter of fact everything was ridiculously cheap and this store is in Beverly Hills. Oh my. This is so so strange. And guess what, most of the fruits/vegetables are labelled Organic. Now I smell a rat. Organic stuff is usually expensive because of the strict production guidelines. This market might be honestly dishonest (please refer to the entry titled HOnest food). Or maybe its just a miracle. Maybe its actually organic. I also found a new fruit. I bought a piece and I need to find out what exactly it is. Now I am craving. Honestly I am. This morning I had my usual starbucks run for my chai teabag. And then the madaline cookies started calling out to me. It was intense. I thank God that I had the courage to say NO. I believe that these cravings are my body's response to the new changes. See, my body has been stuck in the fat range for a long time but now I am losing weight and my body feels this is weird so its trying to crave carbohydrates that would take me back to my past. Now, fruits are sweet and soo its time to consume more fruits in order to satisfy my sweet tooth with fewer calories. I am out of food. I packed the last of my spring mix for lunch today, also my rotiseerie chicken has been eaten to the bones. I am out of carrots and all the good stuff. So its time to stock up on food. Yeah. So I will be heading to trader joes, costco and my new store. Now I have had chicken for the past two weeks and I am becoming sick and tired of it. So I will turn to starkist tuna mixed with avocado, greek yogurt, ornions and the list goes on. I will formulate new accompaniments for my salads. Also, I have been spending tons of money buying fruit mixes outside of my home. Yeah like four dollars every money. Enough of that. I will buy 1 water melon, 1 honey dew melon, 1 cantaloupe and one strange looking melon that I saw at the eliat food market. I will peel them, cut them up and store them in my fridge. This would be breakfast (with boiled eggs) with greek yogurt every morning. Yesterday morning, I did not have breakfast cause I slept in late in the morning. At 12 noon I had a large pear and then at 1pm, I had some whole grain pasta and tomato sauce (stuff that Nigerians call stew)accompanied by two boiled eggs. Was lovely. The pasta was of very little quantity so at 5pm I was expectedly ravenous. I had ewaagoyin, with garri sweetened with splenda. Afterward 1 cup of reeeses peanut butter cup at 110 calories. An hour after that I had 3 slices of bad bread (and this was the only blunder in my diet) cause I still felt hungry. The bread was 100 calories per slice totalling 300 calories. So its important not to wait till I am too hungry cause then I go overboard. I still love my sweets and I brought this up with the nutritionist yesterday. It was her advice to limit sweet consumption to 100 calories per day. She recommended a sweet for me that I can purchase at trader Joes. I will be hunting that stuff down soon. This new week stir fries and a variety of pepper soups (fish, goat, chicken, mutton) will be added to my diet. Next entry in this blog will be a recap of my journey so far. Of how I got to 236 pound and where I am on my road to recovery. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment